TRAINING OF TRAINERS IN EDUCATION THROUGH SPORT CALL FOR TRAINERS
ISCA - International Sport and Culture Association is organizing the long-term training course “Training of Trainers in Education through Sport”.
“Training of Trainers in Education through Sport” is composed of 2 trainings, 1 evaluation meeting and 1 networking component. The residential meetings will take place in Scotland, Italy and France. The aim is to create a network of 24 trainers who have the competences of using non-formal education and education through sport in projects at national and international level, to support initiatives in the youth and sport for all sector.
Participants will have the opportunity to use online educational tools and to facilitate a workshop or a training both in national and international context, in between the residential meetings. They will be supported by a mentor in their development and will receive continuous feedback and coaching sessions throughout the project.
The team and the participants will develop a toolbox with educational activities, which will be included in the manual “Education through Sport – an active manual for European Youth”, which will serve as a key reference for all trainers interested in this methodology.
The trainers are expected to:
- develop the entire program of the LT TC,
- participate in 3 residential trainings (18-24 of June, September 2012, July 2013) and
travel 2 days before the trainings to the venue for preparation,
- be available for a preparatory meeting between 27-29 May, in Glasgow or Copenhagen,
- have knowledge of e-learning platforms and build an e-learning process,
- act as mentors for the participants, during the practice phase, through the e-learning
platform and e-mail or skype correspondence
- contribute with input and activities to the Manual
- evaluate the learning process of the participants and the results achieved
- write a training report for each training (division of tasks will be done between all trainers
Objectives of LT TC:
The objectives of the training are in brief:
- To explore sport and physical activity as a tool for non-formal education and adapt different
types of activities to diverse target groups;
- To develop knowledge, tools, attitudes and skills for the use of sport and physical activity
while working with youth;
- To share good practices of using sport activities to enhance active participation of young people
- To involve more young people in trainings and workshops at national and international level;
- To develop an online learning platform as a resource for trainers and young people
interested in organizing activities using the methodology “education through sport”
- To create a network of trainers with competences in the methodology “education through sport”
- To create a toolbox with educational activities through sport to be used by trainers and
other interested people in their local/national/international context.
Applicants should be able to clearly demonstrate qualifications in the following areas:
- Experience in working with young people
- Experience in conducting trainings and seminars
- Proven experience within one of the next topics: education through sport, active youth
participation or management of youth organisations and volunteers.
- Skills regarding e-learning platforms or creating Training manuals
- Very good communication skills in English
- Abilities as a coach/mentor
- Have delivered before at least one Training of Trainers activity
The trainer’s fee is set at 3500 Euro and covers:
- 3 training events and the preparation days described above
- Development of the content for the e-learning platform
- Mentoring activities for the participants, during the practice phase, through the e-learning platform and e-mail or skype correspondence
- Activities to be included in the Manual
- Training report for each training
Board, lodging and travel costs are paid by ISCA.
See the complete Call for Trainers and the application form in the attachment.
For more information please contact:
Sorin Buruiana, ISCA Youth Network Coordinator at email@example.com.